The online id3 tag editors mean the tag editor(a.k.a. tagger) that is used to edit the metadata saved in the formats, like ID3 in the audio files. The primary purpose of an id3 tag editor online is to scrutinize and sort the information that is embedded within the multimedia files in order to make it simpler for the users to identify the tracks, and to categorize them as per their personal bookkeeping conventions. Many online taggers are available on the Internet that save you the hassle of downloading and installing the software on your local computer.
With an online id3 tag editor , you can upload your audio file on the web application, and use it to edit the relevant information about the file, such as the name of the artist, album, track number, track title, and genre. This helps you in organizing your music library efficiently without having to download a tagger application to your local hard drive.
The top 5 online id3 tag editors are:
Steps to Use iMusic-Free ID3 Tag Editor
Step 1: After launch iMusic on your desktop, you could first download music by pasting the video URL, then go to "iTunes Library" , where you will see the songs you have downloaded .
Step 2: Then Click the MP3 songs you want to fix id3 tag, tap “Edit music info” option.
Step 3: A new panel on the right side will appear where you can edit id3 tag info related to covet art, name, artists, album, genre, year, track. Add the needed details and click “Save”.
You can use the given link to use the software online: http://tagmp3.net/index.php
TagMP3.net allows you to upload your audio files on the free online application to rename and edit the ID3 tags. Using this online application, you can add or modify an MP3 file’s image, and edit other relevant information embedded in it.
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (average user rating)
The website has unparalleled advantages over the other websites offering the identical features, such as:
• It is a user friendly website.
• You can upload an audio file that is already saved on your computer, or you can enter the URL of an audio file stored in any of the online databases.
• The web application enables you to add your own desired genre and categories.
• Has no provision of multiple file editing. This makes the process time consuming in case you have multiple files to edit.
• Does not allow adding lyrics to an MP3 file.
You can use the given link to use the id3 tag editor online: http://newmaza.in/site_mp3_tag_editor.xhtml
The website can be used to edit, rename or remove the information altogether that is embedded in ID3 format within the audio files.
Star Rating:3 out of 5 stars (average user rating)
• Provides you with the option to upload the audio files already stored in your computer, or to enter URL of the files in order to edit their ID3 tags.
• Allows you to change the cover image of the audio files.
• Allows you to add the URLs of the voice tracks.
• Provides all the information in a simplified way within a single window.
• Enables you to choose from the audio files available within the website itself.
• Provides you with the option to place the ID3 tags at the beginning or end of the audio tracks.
• Has no multiple tagging option.
You can use the given link to use the id3 tag editor online: http://mytune.in/
The website is an easy to use freeware online application that enables you to edit metadata stored in ID3 format in the audio files. It has an additional feature that supports online database lookups, and thus allows you to gather proper tags and cover art for your music collection.
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (average user rating)
• It's easy to use and therefore can be used by both novices and experts.
• It's powerful and can be used for both personal and professional ID3 tagging.
• Has a simple and clean design.
• It's an unrestricted freeware online application.
• It has no option for editing multiple audio files simultaneously.
• Adding lyrics to the audio file is not possible.
You can use the given link to use the id3 tag editor online: http://www.bdrose24.com/site_mp3_tag_editor.xhtml
The online application can be used to edit the ID3 tags within an audio file for proper management of the music library. This freeware web app also allows you to search your desired audio files from many online databases, and edit their ID3 tags.
Star Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars (average user rating)
• It's an unrestricted freeware web application.
• Has clean interface.
• Provides all editing options in a single window.
• Does not provide batch editing.
• Has no provision for editing the tags of an audio file that is stored in your computer’s hard drive, and only allows you to edit the files that are uploaded from the online databases.
• It's still under regular development, and may come up with occasional errors.
• Supports adding only one album cover art per file.
You can use the given link to use the id3 tag editor online: http://www.watermark-images.com/mp3-tag-editor-online.aspx.
The application can be used to edit mp3 tag information present in ID3 format without having to install software on the computer. The program has basic tag fields such as title, album, artists, genre, copyright, and comments which can be edited as desired.
Star Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars (average user rating)
• It's a freeware online application and can be used as many times as needed without any cost.
• It's easy to use and yet a powerful tool to edit id3 tags of audio files online.
• Has limited number of tag editing options.
• Does not have fields like track number and year of release.
• Does not allow you to edit an audio file by searching from online databases or entering the URLs of the file. You can only edit the ID3 tags of an MP3 file that is already stored in your computer.
• Has no provision for batch editing.
Note: The star ratings are based on the average users’ rating who have used and reviewed the id3 tag editors online personally. The basic criteria of the star rating includes three essential points:
• Whether the website supports basic tags, embedded cover arts, and lyrics?
• Whether these online id3 tag editors have a provision for searching an MP3 file from the online databases as well as uploading a file that is already stored in the local hard drive of the users’ computer?
• Whether or not the website has provision to rename files using the tag information?