ImgBurn is probably the best free DVD burning tool for Windows (Windows 8 compatible) users. It is designed to burn image files to CD/DVD and create image files from discs/files/folders. A dual layer DVD can store data on two layers and the capacity is two times as a single layer DVD. Dual layer is also called Double Layer and often written as DVD+R DL (DVD+R9) or DVD-R DL (DVD-R9).
In this article, you will learn how to burn a dual layer DVD with ImgBurn easily and fast. Here we take how to burn video-ts folder to dual layer DVD as an example.Can't burn any dual layer discs with ImgBurn? Read this tutorial to learn how to burn DVD Video-TS folder to dual layer discs with ImgBurn.
How to burn dual layer DVD with ImgBurn
1. Insert your blank writable dual layer DVD into your computer drive and launch ImgBurn. Choose "Write files/folders to disc" from the six modes or select Build mode from "Tools" on the main menu.
2. Now add files to ImgBurn. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder to ImgBurn Source box or click the Browse for a folder button to search the DVD folders you want to burn from your hard drive. For "Destination", make sure the drive matches your computer's DVD writer drive.
3. Click the calculator button on the right to set your dual DVD layer break point. You can see a window similar to the above picture and choose the bit for the layer jumping.
4. Make some settings for the dual layer DVD burning with ImgBurn. On the Device tab, Write Speed is recommended as AWS (The highest burning speed). Under Options tab, you'd better choose ISO9660+UDF as File System.
5. When you have finished all the settings, you can click the Burn button on the left to start burning a dual layer DVD and just wait for ImgBurn to finish the burning process.
Tips: ImgBurn is great for burning dual layer DVD in some way. But ImgBurn cannot decrypt DVD protections, which means you cannot copy protected DVD to ISO or DVD discs.
If you have some commercial DVD movies and want to backup them, you can use Aimersoft DVD Copy, which allows you to copy and backup all DVD movies to DVD disc in 1:1 ratio, or save DVD movies to hard drive as DVD Folder or ISO image files bypassing CSS, RC and RCE protection. DVD–5 and DVD–9; DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM are well supported.
If you want to backup your DVD movies to your computer or rip DVD to videos for playback on portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. you can use Aimersoft DVD Ripper, which lets you rip and convert DVD to popular video and audio formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, M4V, MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, etc.
If you want to burn videos and photo to DVD for preservation, please go to Aimersoft Best DVD Creator, a professional DVD burner to help you burn all regular video and photo formats to DVD with custom DVD menus. DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-5 and DVD-9 are all supported.
Canon Video to DVD: The articles describes the simple steps for burning videos recorded with Canon to DVD.
Panasonic Video to DVD: Have some Panasonic videos and want to burn them to DVD? Start your task now.
Samsung Videos to DVD: How to burn Samsung videos to DVD easily and quickly？ Get the answer here.
Convert 8mm to DVD: If you'd like to convert 8mm tapes to DVD, you can follow this article to accomplish your task with ease.
Transfer Camcorder Video to Computer: Have problems on transferring camcorder videos to DVD? Solve the problems right now.
JVC Video to DVD: The article will guide you to burn multiple JVC video files to a DVD disc step by step.
Sony HandyCam to DVD: Have recorded videos with Sony HandyCam and want to burn them to DVD? This article shows you the way.
VHS to DVD: Wondering how to convert VHS videos to DVD? Follow the tutorial to start your task.
Sony DCR to DVD: If you are looking for a way to burn Sony DCR videos to DVD, you can turn to the article to get the solution.
Convert TS to DVD: The article tells you how to burn TS videos to DVD in the easiest and fastest way.