Sometimes you may get your DVD discs scratched and they cannot be played on the DVD players. What to do? How to fix the scratched DVD so that you can watch the DVD movie on home DVD players with family and friends? This article will tell you some effective ways to clean and repair scratched DVDs so that they can work again.
Note: First, look at the scratches on your DVD in good light. If there are many scratches and the curves are deep, you'd better take it to a DVD repair shop rather than fix it yourself. If the scratches are light, then follow the tips below.
Effective ways to fix scratched DVDs
1. Fix scratched DVD using toothpaste: You can use some toothpaste to fix scratched DVDs. Do not use toothpastes that contain abrasive particles or gels. Otherwise, you will do more damage to your DVD disc. Just apple the toothpaste to the DVD disc surface and use a soft cloth to clean the disc following the circle starting from the center to the outer edge. After cleaning, wipe to make sure no toothpaste is left on the DVD disc.
2. Fix scratched DVD using banana: Another way to fix DVD scratches is using banana. Surprised, huh? Just cut a small piece of a ripe banana and rub it on the disc in a spiral motion. Then rub the disc with the banana peel spirally and gently. After that, wipe the disc surface with a soft cloth.
3. Fix scratched DVD using wax furniture polish: You can also use wax furniture polish to repair scratched DVD. Use a jewelry polish soft cloth and some wax furniture polish to clean the scratched DVD disc with a motion from the center to the outer. Then rinse it with cold water gently and dry it with cloth.
4. Fix scratched DVD using commercial disc repair liquid: There are many disc repair liquids in electronic stores. You can find some and follow the instructions to fix your scratched DVDs.
5. Fix scratched DVD using Peanut butter: Peanut butter can help repairing the scratched DVD owing to the oiliness and stickiness, which will help smooth out the surface of the DVD disc. Use creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy ones.
Best way to protect and preserve DVD
Since DVD can be easily damaged, many people are looking for ways to protect and preserve their favorite DVDs. In fact, the best way to protect a DVD is to make a copy and put it in a safe place. You can do this with Aimersoft DVD Copy, an ideal DVD copy software that allows users to copy and backup all DVD movies to DVD disc in 1:1 ratio, or save DVD movies to hard drive as DVD Folder or ISO image file bypassing CSS, RC, RCE, etc. The equivalent Mac version is called Aimersoft DVD Backup for Mac. Just get the right version and preserve your DVD in a better way!
Free download DVD copy: