- 1. Play DVD on Computer
2. Play DVD on Android Devices
3. Play DVD on Game Devices
4. Play DVD on iDevices
5. Play DVD on TV
6. DVD Player
- 7. DVD Won't Play? - Solved Here!
How to Play DVD in QuickTime on Mac or Windows-based Computer
QuickTime player is a free program developed by Apple and claimed as the best place to play any video and media clips from personal resource and internet. However, you may find that QuickTime player won’t play your DVD movies. According to the QuickTime supported format list, DVD video format (like VOB, Video_TS, ISO or IFO) is not included. So if you want to play DVD in QuickTime, you will need to convert DVD to QuickTime playable format first.
The simplest way to play DVD in QuickTime
- Convert a 2-hours DVD movies in 5 minutes only with a click
- Rip DVD to QuickTime Format (MOV, MO4, M4V, etc.)
- Edit DVD videos to get better visual effects on QuickTime
- Search and embed video metadata information to DVD
To play DVD in QuickTime, a DVD ripping program is needed. Here the Aimersoft DVD to QuickTime Converter (Windows version) is highly recommended to help you rip DVD movies to QuickTime MOV, MP4 or M4V format with fast speed and high output video quality. In addition to QuickTime supported video format, it can also rip and convert DVD to all other regular video formats like MPEG, MKV, FLV, AVI, WMV, 3GP, VOB, etc. If you are using QuickTime on Mac (including 10.9 Mavericks), try Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac to convert DVD format.
How to convert DVD to QuickTime MOV with ease
How to play the converted DVD video with QuickTime
If QuickTime is the default media player on your computer, then you can double click the video and QuickTime Player will launch automatically and play the video files you choose.
If QuickTime is not the default media player:
- Method 1: Find out the target folder and choose the video you want to play, right-click it and choose QuickTime as the open mode.
- Method 2: Launch QuickTime and click "File" > "Open File", then choose the video you want to play.
- Method 3: Directly choose and drag the files to the QuickTime player icon. After you releasing the mouse, QuickTime will launch automatically and open the videos you choose.
Video Tutorial on how to convert DVD to MOV for playback on QuickTime