How to Convert DVD to MP4 Effortlessly in Windows/Mac
As we know, MP4 is a popular video format supported by various media players, video editing apps, online video websites, etc. If you want to convert DVD to MP4 so as to play, edit or share your DVD movies more conveniently, now just follow this article to finish the conversion while reserving the original video quality.
In fact, with the right program, you can get all done easily and quickly. Here several tools are recommended to convert both homemade and commercial DVD movies to MP4 with ease. Just find the best way and free your DVD libraries at once.
1. How to rip DVD to MP4 with ease
Aimersoft DVD Ripper is the best DVD to MP4 converter for you to get MP4 video from DVD disc with fast ripping speed and high video quality bypassing the DVD CSS and region code protection. Besides MP4, it can also convert DVD to all other regular video formats like AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc. and extract audio files from DVD. Moreover, video editing functions like clip, rotate, add watermarks, adjust video effects, etc. are provided. The equivalent Mac version is Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac, which can help you convert DVD files to MP4 on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion included).
Download DVD to MP4 Ripper:
After downloading, install and launch the program. Insert your DVD disc into your DVD-Rom and click "Load DVD" button to upload DVD folders/ISO files/IFO files. Then select MP4 format as the output format from the drop-down list of "Profile" or select a proper format from the category of iPod, iPhone, iPad or PSP for your multimedia devices. And choose an output path as the destination folder to save the converted MP4 movie. Finally, click the "Start" button to start ripping MP4 videos from DVD. (If you want to convert a DVD VOB files to MP4, please refer to Convert VOB to MP4.)
Here is the video tutorial on how to rip MP4 video from DVD:
2. How to convert non-protected DVD to MP4 with freeware
Some free DVD to MP4 converters can help you convert non-protected DVD movies to MP4 for free. Here the best two are recommended:
If you have some unprotected DVD movies and want to convert them to MP4, you can simply let Handbrake finish the task. Free download Handbrake at http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php. Install and launch it. The main interface is as below.
To convert DVD disc to MP4 with Handbrake:
• Click the "Source" button to load the DVD files you want to convert.
• Choose a destination folder to save the converted videos.
• Select MP4 as the output format.
• Click the Start button on the top to begin ripping DVD files to MP4 for free with Handbrake.
2. VLC Media Player
Another free DVD converter to MP4 is VLC Media Player. You can download it at its official website http://www.videolan.org/vlc/.
To copy a DVD to MP4 format for free with VLC:
• Open VLC Media Player and go to Media > Open Disc to select the DVD files you to want convert.
• Choose the disc device and starting position.
• Click Media > Convert/Save to open the Convert window and define the output video format as MP4
• Choose the output folder.
• Click the Start button to rip DVD video to MP4 for free with VLC media player.