Best Solutions to Play Blu Ray on Computer
Practically, any modern PC (Computer or Laptop) is capable of playing DVD movies. But, how about Blu ray? Since Blu ray is the next generation high definition video format, playing Blu ray movies on PC will surely require a fair amount of processing power and graphics acceleration to render the high definition content. Here two ways to play Blu-ray movies on PC, Computer or Laptop are introduced.
Method 1. Rip Blu-ray to PC friendly video formats
The best way to play Blu-ray files on your PC (computer or laptop) is to copy Blu-ray disc to your computer's hard drive. To do that, you need a Blu-ray ripping program. Here Aimersoft Blu-ray Ripper is strongly recommended to convert Blu-ray MKV, MOV, WMV, MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, etc. video format so that you can play Blu-ray with Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc. on your PC without any troubles. Download it and follow the steps below to rip Blu-ray disc.
1 Import Blu-ray videos
Click Load Disc to import Blu ray videos to the program. All the tilts in the disc will be displayed in the file list as the below picture shows.
2Choose output format
Select one or more files in the file list, click "Profile" drop-down button, and select an output format like WMV & AVI for Windows Media Player, MOV for QuickTime, MP4, FLV, MKV and so on for the selected files. Meanwhile, you can click the Browse button at the bottom of the window and select a proper destination folder for saving the output files.
After necessary settings, click the "Convert" button to start to convert. You can check the converting progress from the pop-up window. After conversion is completed, you can simply click "Find Target" button to check the output files.
Download Blu-ray Ripper:
Method 2. Update your PC to play Blu-ray movies
To play Blu-ray movies on your PC, you need to make sure your computer hardware is powerful enough. Below are the system recommendations for you to play Blu ray discs on PC.
Processor: Dual or quad core processors recommended
Disc Drive: Blu ray Disc drive
Video RAM: 256MB graphics card memory or more
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows XP
Only supports Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed
System Memory (RAM): 512MB (minimum), 1GB or more is recommended
- Intel: 965G, G33, G35, G45 Graphics
- NVIDIA: (Recommended) GeForce 8400 series, GeForce 8500 series, GeForce 8600 series, GeForce 8800 series, GeForce 9400 series, GeForce 9600 series, GeForce 9800 series, Geforce GTX 260 series, GeForce GTX280 series.
- ATI: (Recommended)ATI Radeon HD 2400 series, 2600 series, 2900 series, 3300 series, 3400 series, 3600 series, 3800 series, 4500 serids, 4600 series, 4800 series, FireGL V3750, FireGL V5700, FireGL V7750, and FireGL V8700.
- S3: 530GT, 440GTX Graphics.
- HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compliant display (DVI, HDMI connections) for digital output
- TV (composite, component, S-Video) or computer monitor (VGA) for analog output
Software: PowerDVD 7 Ultra or PowerDVD 8 Ultra