If you have a laptop with a high resolution screen, it'd be great to watch your favorite DVD movies on it. But to play DVD on laptop, there are two prerequisites:
1. Hardware for DVD playback. Your laptop must have a DVD-ROM drive or a dual CD/DVD drive to read the DVD disc.
2. Software to play DVD. You should have a software that can play DVD installed on your laptop. There are many free media players can play DVD on computer, such as VLC media player, KM media player, etc. Just get one for free!
When you have the hardware and software for playing DVD on laptop, just follow the instructions below to watch DVD movies on your laptop in a few seconds.
1. Now you can insert the DVD disc into your laptop's DVD drive. After a few seconds, the DVD folder will display on "My Computer" directory of a PC or the desktop of a Mac.
2. You can either play the DVD movie with a DVD playing software automatically or choose the DVD playing software like VLC and then open the DVD files you want to play. For the Autoplay, PC users can right-click the DVD drive icon and choose "Autoplay" while Mac users can open the DVD playing software to automatically play the DVD when the software is open.
3. When playing the DVD movies, you can make some settings to get the best visual effect. For instance, change the video brightness, contrast, etc.
You see, playing DVD on laptop is really simple. However, it may do harm to your computer when running the DVD disc. Why not rip the DVD to your laptop hard drive in video formats to better protect your laptop and effortlessly edit, watch and share videos as you like?
Here we highly recommend Aimersoft DVD conversion software, which can help you rip both homemade and commercial DVD movies to all popular videos formats, including AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPG, ASF, etc. Besides, hundreds of presets for video playback on iPhone, iPad, iPod, AppleTV, Archos, iRiver, PSP, Wii, Xbox, Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung, etc. are provided for you to get videos with optimized settings. Furthermore, the built-in video editor allows you to edit your DVD movie like trimming, adjusting video effects, adding watermarks, etc. to touch up the output videos. If you are a Mac user, you can use the equivalent Mac version - Aimersoft Mac DVD ripping software to rip DVD on your laptop.
Just get the DVD ripper and enjoy DVD movies anywhere and anytime you like.
Below is the video tutorial about how to convert DVD to play on laptop:
Free download Aimersoft DVD Ripper: