- 1. Play DVD on Computer
2. Play DVD on Android Devices
3. Play DVD on Game Devices
4. Play DVD on iDevices
5. Play DVD on TV
6. DVD Player
- 7. DVD Won't Play? - Solved Here!
How to Rip DVD to Wii Supported Format for Playing on Wii
If you are a Wii enthusiast, then you might be feeling disappointed or left out owing to the fact that you cannot play DVD on your Wii. Sometimes you have been having a feeling of "Had I known that the Wii does not play DVD" or you are wondering "can you play DVD on Wii". However, that should not be the case since there are numerous ways out of these problems. The fact is that you can play DVD on your Wii with a lot of ease as long as you can get the correct methods. So, I guess you will not take your Wii back to the store for exchange or getting your money back. Yes, it is true that neither the Wii console, nor the new Wii U plays DVDs. However, if you stick to these methods you can make Wii plays your DVDs.
Best Software for Ripping DVD to Wii Supported Format and Playing on Wii
There are several ways that you can watch DVD movies with Wii. However, it is important to note that some people find it difficult and demanding. Nevertheless, it does not mean that all is lost since they can use Aimersoft DVD Ripper to convert DVD to Wii supported file format (DIVX, MOV, MP4 and AVI). In fact, converting the files into a Wii supported file is safer than other methods since you do not risk bricking your console if anything goes wrong.
- Directly convert DVD to Wii supported format such as MP4
- Easy conversion way and high output quality
- 6X fasted speed - Rip DVD in minutes
- Supports 250+ video, audio, devices formats
- Embed metadata information to DVD videos
- Trim, crop, change visual effects of DVD movies
Ripping DVD to Wii playable format is surely the easiest method. Below are the steps to change DVD format to Wii with Aimersoft DVD Ripper, only with a simple clicks, you will finish the conversion from DVD to Wii acceptable format.
Step 1. Download and Install the Program
Download any DVD to Wii converter that has the capacity to rip any DVD (protected DVD) to Wii supported format for example AVI. Then install the converter in your computer and run it upon successful installation process.
Step 2. Load DVD and Ready to Start Ripping DVD
In this step, you can load your DVD to this software. Then convert the DVD to your file of choice as long as it is compatible with Wii.
Step 3. Select Output Format, and Copy Video to Wii
Now please choose the output format and location, so as to copy the converted file into your SD card successfully. Finally, you can play the converted file on your Wii and enjoy your favorite movie.
Note: If you are running a Mac and want to convert DVD format on Mac OS X （including 10.10 Yosemite), then mac version is exactly what you need.
Step 4. Play DVD After Unlocking the Wii
You might not be sure on whether to unlock your Wii or just wondering Does Wii Play DVD. Yes, it does especially when unlocked, but it is all for your benefit since you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your console to the fullest. In other words, it will transform your Wii into an extraordinary multimedia powerhouse. In order to unlock Wii successfully, you will need the following. Please note that you can use only one of the mentioned Unlockers.
1. Wii Unlocker Ultra
2. Homebrew Installer
Tips: Optinal Method to Play DVD on Wii
Homebrew Channel is one method that you can use to play DVDs on your glowing blue drive. Here is how to it and note that there is no warranty voiding mode chip required in this case.
- Nintendo Wii (with system version 3.2)
- A FAT/FAT32 formatted SD card (2GB and below)
- A SD card reader/writer
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii
- The Twilight Hack (which is compatible with Homebrew Channel Installer)
- Homebrew Channel Installer
- DVDX: this app enables Wii to read DVDs once inserted in the drive
- Media player that is enabled to play commercial DVDs (MPlayer)
How to Achieve to Play DVD on Wii via Homebrew Channel
It is important to note that there are two essential steps that need to be carried in order to successfully play DVDs in Wii. These processes include installation of the Homebrew Channel as well as the DVD player.
Step 1. Install the Homebrew Channel
- Slot in your SD card into your reader after which you will have to copy the "private" directory of the Twilight Hack onto your SD card. Though many people tend to forget to do it is important that you remember to also copy "boot.dol" file that belongs to Homebrew Channel.
- Insert the SD card into your Wii after which you will be required to delete the Zelda save file which is found in the Wii File Manager
- There are two versions of Zelda (RVL-RZDE-0A-0" or "RVL-RZDE-0A-2) that you will insert however you have to choose one of these versions depending on the required or correct hack. For instance, RVL-RZDE-0A-0 is compatible with TwilightHack0 while RVL-RZDE-0A-2 necessitates for TwilightHack2, which are both available in the package.
- Go to your file manager and switch to SD view after, which you will be required to copy the correct version of the hack.
- Insert the Zelda game disk, start the game, and save the game. Once the homebrew Channel installer starts, it is time to feel free to enjoy your favorite DVD movies with less or no limitations. Complete the process, after which you will be in a position to access the Homebrew Channel just like any other program on your Wii.
Step 2. Install the DVD Playback Software
- After a successful installation of the homebrew channel, it is time to install a third party DVD player (MPlayer). This third party DVD player will enable you to play DVDs on your Wii console.
- First things first, all you need is to find a safe place where you can install and then Copy the third party DVD player (MPlayer) into your SD card.
- Insert your SD card into your Wii and start the homebrew channel that will give you access to the two apps you present in your SD card. After which you will run the DVDX installer app. Select "Normal Installation". Normal Installation will ensure that the installation runs smoothly with minimum or zero problems.
- After a complete installation, insert your DVD into your Wii and start the MPlayer app. This way you will be able to play the DVD from the MPlayer menu.
Step 3. Play DVD on your Wii MPlayer menu
- Go into The Homebrew Channel. Select -> MPlayer
- Select DVD-Video select -> Title
- Then Play DVD
Once installed, you can then pop into the MPlayer app from the Homebrew Channel, put a video DVD in the drive, and your favorite video will be right in front of you in no time.
You have to download a homebrew video player, copy them to an SD card, and use the Homebrew Channel to apply a two-second patch. And you have to take note that there's a corresponding risk on the Wii if you do something wrong. So try the best method: employ a DVD to Wii Converter to copy DVD movie to Wii. It is said to be the easier and safer method because all you need here is a bets DVD ripper and an SD card. Download DVD to Wii Converter now: